Polycrystalline Diamond (PCD) tipped cutter router specifically designed for Gemstone worktop. Gemstone worktop has 6mm solid material bonded to a 28mm high performance chipboard core.
- Gemstone is made of 85% recycled material including glass and shell, the solid upper surface is extremely abrasive and requires diamond tools to cut it. A conventional TCT cutter will not cut the top surface.
- Please Note: PCD tool will require extra user care due to its brittle nature.
- As the material comprises pieces of glass, when cutting, there may be occasions where the glass breaks away from the board leaving a void on the top surface.
- Gemstone is extremely abrasive and the cutter will get very hot and will blue and dull in use. A resharpening service is available from Trend.
- Dust extraction must be used and PPE must be worn.
- The worktop jig and router base slider plate will get scratched as a result of the abrasive nature of the dust.