Trend Zirconium Abrasive Range
Trend’s Zirconium range of abrasives are designed for heavier sanding applications where a sharp, ultra-durable grit is needed for fast stock removal or stripping back multiple layers of paint or other finishes.
Increased spacing between the grit particles of grains reduces clogging and allows fast stock removal.
Flexible backer minimises cracking and grit loss for long lasting sanding and durability.
Grit maintains cutting performance by fracturing away in use to expose fresh, sharp cutting faces.
Highly durable Zirconium grit maintains performance 4 times longer than conventional abrasives.
Two layers of resin keeps the abrasive grit firmly bonded to the backer for increased lifespan.
Coarse, extra-hard grits for fast cutting, ideal for stripping back old paint finishes, rust removal, heavy stock removal.
40, 60 and 80 grit for fast removal of old finishes, stock preparation, metalwork and shaping.
Secure fix to the power tool base. Fast easy removal, increasing productivity when working through grits.
Ideal for use on wood, paint, metal and plaster. Excels on harder materials, especially metals.
Available in 120, 180 & 240 grit in the following sizes
125mm (4 ⁵⁹/₆₄") Orbital
150mm (5 ²⁹/₃₂") Orbital
225mm (8 ⁵⁵/₆₄") Orbital
- Designed for heavier sanding applications where a sharp, ultra-durable grit is needed for fast stock removal or stripping back multiple layers of paint or other finishes.
- Zirconium is a self-sharpening abrasive that constantly provides new cutting edges by fracturing as it works to expose fresh cutting faces to maintain consistent performance levels across its lifespan. Making it highly effective on harder, more demanding materials.
- With a harder grit composition than Aluminium Oxide, Zirconium excels on hard surfaces and is ideal for use on metalwork to clean up welds, rust removal and to abrade hard metal surfaces including mild steel, stainless steel and sheet metal.
- Zirconium ensures superior performance when flattening rough timber stock, cleaning and levelling up floorboards, primary sanding, shaping and fast removal of heavy applications of paints and varnishes before moving to finer grits.
- The use of premium grits, double resin bonds and flexible backers ensures that Trend Zirconium abrasives not only out performs standard abrasives, they also have a lifespan of up to 4x longer.
- An open coat bond is used that allows space between each grit particle to allow softer fillers, plasters, and soft or resinous timbers to be easily sanded with minimal clogging and faster results.
- Long life flexible film backers are used on all of the Trend range for increased flexibility when using softer foam sanding pads on curved surfaces, with each grain of grit double locked to the backer using two coats of resin, minimising grit loss and increasing lifespan.
- Conventional abrasives often use electrostatically applied close bonded, tightly packed grit and paper backers that can crack, clog, lose grit, get hotter when working and wear more readily.
- Trend’s composition and use of high-quality materials overcome all these issues for superior performance and consistent high quality results.
- Available in 40, 60 and 80 grits, they complement the Trend Aluminium Oxide and Mesh ranges for the complete solution of fast shaping, primary and secondary preparation and fine finishing.
Just SOME of the Zirconium Abrasives Range
Click here for more information on the Trend Abrasive Ranges